8/29/07

AHHHHH Work is killing me!

I can't afford the time to blog this weather. But here's what Im working on, a massive blog about my all time favourite record.... 'In the Aeroplane Over the Sea' by Neutral Milk Hotel. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket If you looked out of an old fashioned biplane, flying over the sea, you might see this... Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I envy someone coming to this album for the first time. Listen to the tune below and tell me what you think. Its the open door into one of most mysterious and compelling worlds ever created... because thats how I see 'In the Aeroplane Over the Sea," not as a bunch of unrelated songs on plastic but as a spacious and self-contained world, a complete artistic vision. In fact no other album ever struck me as being so complete. Oh man I'm going to treat you to some bullshit about this one!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah no. Please spare us!

Gardenhead said...

Hi anonymous. "Please spare us!" That comment is funny, it makes it sound like my blog is compulsory reading for people or something. Like being forced to go to mass and listening to a windbag priest going on with a big dreary sermon. You could always spare yourself you know and just not type my url into your address bar?

frank said...

bring it on darragh. I'm looking forward to reading it.

dangerous mouse said...

I'm loving this tune. I may just have to invest. Keep it up Gardenhead. Seriously though, i'm liking the little snippits of musical knowledge

Anonymous said...

I envy someone coming to this album for the first time.

This is how I feel about this album as well. I probably love it even more than when I first heard it, but nothing matches the first time you hear a song like Two Headed Boy.